GOING VERTICAL WINTER 5V5 SOCCER TOURNAMENT
JANUARY 3RD – 5TH, 2020
FIELD OF PLAY
Dimensions: 18.5 yds wide x 36.5 yds long
The Goals: 6ft high x 12ft wide
Size: #3-U8 and below
Size: #4-U9 through U12
Size: #5-U13 and up
NUMBER OF PLAYERS – 5 including GK
Minimum Number of Players to Start Match: 4, one of whom shall be a goalkeeper
Maximum Roster: No limit
Substitution Limit: None
Substitution Method: Substitutions will be made on the fly for all players but the goalkeeper. Goalkeeper substitutions can only be made when the ball is out of play and with a referee’s consent.
DURATION OF THE GAME
Duration: Two equal periods of 14 minutes.
Half-time: No half time. Teams will switch directions only after 14 minutes
FOULS AND MISCONDUCT – FIFA Rules
All Free Kicks are INDIRECT. Penalty Kicks will only be used for tie-breakers – Final/Consolation
To be taken from the penalty mark.
OFFSIDE – There is no offside in 5v5.
THROW-IN – No Throw ins. A KICK-IN will be taken in place of the throw-in.
FREE KICK/KICK-IN – distance from the ball – 5 yards.
From inside the penalty area, the goalkeeper rolls the ball into play. Ball must be played within own half or touch the ground within own half. Ball must clear the Penalty Area for an opponent to play it.
A teammate may play the ball within the penalty area.
OFFICIALS / REFEREES
Single Referee will call the games.
RESTART TIME LIMIT – Restart must take place within 5 seconds or the ball is awarded to the opposing team.
PASS BACK TO GK – GK may not pick up the ball if a player from own team passes the ball back
Players, coaches and spectators are expected to act in the nature of good sportsmanship at all times. Abuse of the referees will not be tolerated. Any instance of such conduct will lead to ejection of the coach and/or team without refund for the offending team.
Teams will be bracketed based on the age of the oldest player on the team.
Co-ed teams will be placed in the boys bracket if there are not enough teams to make a Co-ed bracket.
Girls teams can be placed in boys division if requested.
Teams may be asked to play up 1 year if a bracket can not be filled at that age group.
Players may not play on 2 teams in the same age division.
Bracket Play with top team advancing from each bracket. If there is only 1 bracket, the top 2 teams will advance.
- Six (6) points for a win
- Three (3) points for a tie
- Zero (0) points for a loss
- Goal Points – One (1) point will be given up to a total of three (3) points per game. If the game ends 2-1, the
winning team receives 8 points; the losing team receives 1 point
- One (1) point for a shutout (a 0-0 tie is 4 points, 3 for the tie, 1 for the shutout)
- Player Red card or coach ejection – Minus one (-1) point
Tiebreaker Criteria and Procedures
If two or more teams are tied in pool play standings, the following sequence will be followed until a team is eliminated.
Once a team has been eliminated, the remaining teams will then restart the sequence at the first criteria.
Criteria in order:
1) Winner of head-to-head competition (these criteria are not used if more than two teams are tied)
2) Winner of most games in team’s respective pool
3) Goal differential (goals scored minus goals allowed), with a maximum differential of four (3) goals per game
4) Fewest goals allowed
5) Penalty shootout
If three teams remain tied after going through the tiebreakers, thus requiring penalty kicks, there will be a draw by the Tournament Director to determine which two teams kick first.
1) The first team drawn will receive a bye
2) The second team drawn will be the home team and will kick against the remaining team in the first contest.
3) The winner of the first contest will then compete against the bye team in pk’s to determine
the team that will advance.
If four teams remain tied after going through the tiebreakers, thus requiring penalty kicks, there will be a draw by the Tournament Director to determine which teams kick against each other.
1) The first team drawn will compete against the second team drawn in pk’s. The first team
drawn will be the home team.
2) The third team drawn will compete against the fourth team drawn in pk’s. The third team
drawn will be the home team.
3) The winners of each of the first two contests will then compete in pk’s to determine the team
that will advance.